Different seasons of the year require different types of hair care routine to maintain healthy hair. Winter days are usually dry and cold which can be very bad for your hair. During this phase of a year, you need to take extra care of your hair. The combination of dry indoor heating and the dry cold weather outside can make your hair too dry.
It is true that taking proper care of hair during the winter months can be very challenge. But if proper hair care routine is not followed during this time, the climatic conditions can impart damaging effects on hair that can be difficult to repair.
Here are some suggestions that can be helpful for you:
- Cold wind is bad for your hair. Always protect your hair from the cold wind by covering your hair whenever you need to escape from the comfort of your house. You can easily do it by wearing a scarf, hat or cap. When wearing a hat or a cap make sure it is comfortable and not suffocating for your hair. Any tight cap or hat can hamper the blood circulation to your scalp which is important for proper hair growth. Also do not make it a habit to cover your hair 24 hours a day. At times allow your hair some fresh air or otherwise your hair will turn out to be limp and greasy.
- Experts and dermatologists recommend not shampooing your hair too often. In cold weather, the hair and scalp are usually dry and when you wash your hair frequently it will become even drier. By washing your hair with a mild shampoo once in a week, it becomes easier to maintain the level of natural oil in your scalp which in turn will solve the problem of dryness.
- Conditioner is a must have hair care product during the winter season. Even though you are not washing your hair, it is recommended to apply your favorite conditioner daily to minimize your hair dryness. Apart from a regular conditioner, you can also use a leave in conditioner. This product will instantly take care of dry and damaged hair. At times when you feel your hair is too dry, lock in the moisture by running your hair through cold water. This will also give extra shine to your hair.
- Before stepping out of the comfort zone of your hair, make sure your hair is completely dry. Going out with wet hair will result in severe hair loss problem. Wet hair tends to break easily and with the cold weather the situation can be bad.
- Even though the cold weather makes it hard for wet hair to dry quickly, yet you must avoid using blow dryers. If it is very important to use a blow dryer, first use a leave in conditioner on your hair and then use a blow dryer. The setting of the blow dryer should be at the minimum so that the damage can be limited.
- It is important to remember that hot water is bad for your hair. So, avoid using hot water to wash your hair. Use lukewarm water to wash your hair. Lukewarm water will help in retaining the moisture level of your hair and you will get relief from hair dryness.
- Do not forget to trim you hair in every five to six weeks interval. This way you can avoid split ends which are very common during the winter months. If proper step from spilt ends is not taken at the right time, it will soon reach the hair roots.
- Often during the winter months, people avoid drinking enough water which is important to keep your body and hair hydrated. Along with water also make sure you are eating a healthy diet so that your hair gets all the essential nutrients required for proper hair growth.
- In every ten to fifteen day you must go for deep conditioning your hair. For deep conditioning you can use any hot oil treatment. One popular home remedy for deep conditioning is mayonnaise. Take some mayonnaise and rub them in your hair and wrap your head and leave it for an hour. Later on wash and style your hair as usual.
- In between hair washes, use a dry shampoo to get rid of the oil and dirt that tend to accumulate in the scalp. One dry shampoo you can use is baby powder which you need to sprinkle onto your hair and after some fifteen minutes brush it off with a comb.
- Choose hair styles wisely so that your hair can be protected from the harsh conditions of the winter months. Some of the hair styles you can choose are buns, braids, twists and French rolls, topknots and so on.
To conclude, follow the above mentioned hair care tips for winter months and soon you will receive compliments from others regarding your beautiful and healthy hair. Now face cold weather with confidence!
Families in USA buy more medicines per man than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing matter to prescription medication abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat soundness problems, but they can harm us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat disability to get or keep an erection. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very popular now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we should is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an erection and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile malfunction.