For proper hair care, you need to keep your hair clean by washing it regularly with the right shampoo. When it comes to shampoo, it is not a good idea to pick any kind of shampoo. A wrong shampoo will have adverse impact on your hair quality and growth rate. This is why hair care experts always give stress on using the right type of shampoo.
As there are thousands of shampoos and other hair care products available on the market, it can be really tough to find the right one. But no matter what, you need to choose the right shampoo in order to enjoy better hair health and growth.
Choose shampoo as per your hair type
Before you start looking for the right shampoo it is essential to know your hair type first. The requirements of different types of hair are different. For instance those having dry hair cannot use a shampoo designed for oily hair and vice versa. It is essential to look for a shampoo that matches your hair type and texture.
Here are some useful suggestions:
- Those having thin or fine hair should use a lightweight, thickening or volumizing shampoo. Such type of shampoos will add texture to your hair and will also make your hair strong and beautiful. Look for a shampoo that contains ingredients such as lavender oil, lemongrass and rosemary. All these ingredients promote hair growth, stimulate and balance the scalp and prevent hair loss.
- Those having normal hair are the luckiest one as they can use different types of shampoos. But experts suggest using a shampoo that can maintain your overall hair health. Use a shampoo enriched with moisturizing ingredients so that you hair remains manageable, extra soft and shiny. For normal hair type, it is a good idea to choose a shampoo having ingredients such as wheat protein, white tea and vitamin A, C and E.
- Those having curly or wavy hair should look for a shampoo having plenty of moisturizing ingredients. For such hair type, moisture is very essential in order to control the frizz and to maintain the shape and elasticity of hair. Experts suggest looking for a shampoo having ingredients such as glycerin, olive oil, shea butter and jojoba oil to keep hair well hydrated.
- Those having coarse, kinky and curly hair need special care to keep the hair shiny and strong. Experts recommend using a shampoo having moisturizing ingredients such as glycerin, panthenol or shea butter that will keep hair hydrated with natural luster. Such shampoo will cleanse your hair and scalp without stripping natural healthy oils.
- Those having thick hair need to use a shampoo that can help to maintain the balanced moisture of your hair as well control the hair volume level. Look for a shampoo having smoothing ingredients such as avocado oil, soy protein and macadamia nut oil. Such ingredients will help seal the cuticle, hydrate your hair and control unwanted volume.
Ingredients to Avoid
When looking for the perfect shampoo for your hair, you must check the ingredients properly. There are certain ingredients used in shampoo that are not at all good for your hair. Some of the harmful chemicals and ingredients that you should avoid while picking a shampoo for yourself are Sodium Lauryl, Diethanolamine, Parabens, Formaldehyde, Ammonium Lauryl, Laureth Sulfate and Ammonium Xylene Sulfonate. All these chemical can cause harm to your hair and so it is advisable not to pick the shampoo or any other hair care product that contains any of the above mentioned chemicals.
It is essential to understand the fact it is not easy to choose the right shampoo at the first attempt. This is why make a list of shampoo brands as per your hair type and buy the smallest bottle of shampoo available in the market. Try one shampoo for at least one week. See how your hair reacts to the new shampoo. If you like it then you have made the right choice, otherwise you go and pick a different brand. Always choose the shampoo that worked the best and keep using that shampoo.
To conclude, do not get fooled by attractive pricing and think twice before picking the right shampoo for your hair. In case you do not like the shampoo or it does not suit your hair, then it is good idea to change it before it is too late.