Today facial hair styles play a leading role in fashion and men look for new facial styles and the best grooming techniques to look best. Whatever style you choose – clean shaven, 5 O’clock shadow, the full beard or super styled look, you need to follow the proper grooming regimen. This will help to make you look best.
There are many shaving tips and styling techniques that can help you get the look you want to sport!
Some shaving and styling tips for men:
- If you do not prefer the classic clean shave look and like to sport a beard or mustache, then you need to bear in mind that they need to be maintained. When not taken care of, beards and mustache can give an impression of untidiness.
- When trying to keep a beard, you need to fight through the itch and allow it to grown on its own for the first few weeks. Once the beard has grown to a reasonable length, give it a proper shape. If you are not able to do it on your own, get it done from an expert.
- Do not use a bar soap to wash your beard as it will dry out your facial hair as well the as skin beneath. Instead, shampoo your beard at least a few times a week. It is highly recommended to use a moisturizing shampoo to prevent the hair from getting brittle.
- Also condition your beard on a regular basis. Try to use a thick, heavy-duty conditioner to keep your beard from getting too dry and frizzy. Also for your beard, it is better to use the leave-in kind of conditioner so that you don’t have to rinse off.
- Use proper products on your face as whatever you rub into your face, is bound to get on your beard as well as the skin. Use skin products that penetrate quickly on the skin and do not clog your pores. When the skin pores become clogged, there is a high chance of having acne and other kinds of skin blemishes.
- Trim your mustache and beard on regular basis even if you like to sport a long beard. Experts recommend trimming of beards and mustache in every two months. This will help to keep them in proper shape and also there will be no problem of split ends.
- For those who prefer a clean shave look, must shave daily with a good quality razor. Try to shave in the direction of the hair growth. Start with the sides, then the moustache area and last the chin. Avoid shaving against the direction of hair growth and try never to shave without appying some shaving cream on the hair first.
- Always have the right tools. An electric trimmer is fine for the edge of your beard on your face. But for shaping the bulk, use scissors and a comb. For shaving always use a good quality sharp razor blade. Be sure the blade is sharp as a dull blade can be more traumatic to the skin.
- After shaving, when the skin is most vulnerable, rinse the face with warm water and use a facial wash that has antiseptic and astringent properties. Rinse the face with cool water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Your shaving routine will be complete after you apply an after-shave lotion. An after-shave lotion will help to replace lost moisture and soothe the skin. It will cool and refresh the skin.
These grooming tips will help you achieve optimum skin health, avoid shaving problems and help you look and feel your best.