Dandruff is a common hair problem that most of us are worried about. In fact 50% of adults are affected by the problem of dandruff at some time or the other in their lives. The issue of dandruff is very embarrassing at times as it is very noticeable. Also it creates itching on the scalp if proper care is not taken soon.
What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is a kind of chronic condition that happens on the scalp. It causes scaling and flaking of the dead skins from the scalp. In simple terms the dead skin starts shedding from the scalp at rapid speed. Some of the symptoms of dandruff can be classified as white, oily flakes of dead skins on hair along with an itchy, scaling scalp.
There are many reasons that can cause the problem of dandruff. Some of the main causes are: hormonal imbalance, allergic reactions, excessive mental stress, excessive perspiration, lack of important nutrition, irregular sleep habit, genetic issues, poor hygiene habits, inadequate shampooing of the hair, tight fitting hats, too much use of hair styling products, very cold weather, polluted environment, excessive heat and so on.
Unfortunately, there is no cure for Dandruff, but you can minimize or control it with some powerful hair home remedies that can be easily followed at home.
Here are some of the excellent ways to make the best of nature’s goodness to control dandruff:
- Fenugreek seed is one of the most important ingredients that can be used in the treatment of dandruff. Just take two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak them in water overnight. Grind it to make a fine paste in the morning. Now with this paste massage your head for about half an hour. Later wash your hair thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
- Using plain curd to massaging your scalp thoroughly is also a good home remedy. After massage, allow the curd to sit for about fifteen minutes. Later on wash your hair with warm water and a mild shampoo. Follow this remedy for at least once a week for several months to notice positive result.
- When washing your hair, use a teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the final rinse. This remedy is perfect for those suffering from dandruff due to oily scalp. Lime juice can easily remove oily substance. Try this remedy once a week.
- Beetroot can also be very helpful ingredients to get rid of dandruff. Boil a beetroot in water and massage your scalp with this boiled water every night before sleeping. In the morning you can wash your hair as usual.
- Make a homemade solution using two tablespoons of green gram powder and half a cup of curd. Now use this solution to wash your hair twice a week for fast results.
- Another solution can be made by mixing apple cider vinegar and water in equal amounts. Use this mixture to massage your hair. Leave it for around thirty minutes before rinsing it with plain water. This will definitely help a lot in controlling dandruff positively.
- Take onion and cut it into pieces. Now rubbing the pieces of onion on the scalp. It will greatly help in controlling dandruff. This home remedy is not for those who are allergic to strong smells. So make sure it suits you before trying this home remedy.
- Beat two eggs and add two tablespoons of water to it. Wet the hair and apply the mixture over the hair. Now massage your scalp and leave it for fifteen minutes before washing your hair with your favorite shampoo.
- The mixture of one egg and two tablespoon of yogurt can also help a lot in controlling dandruff. Apply this mixture on your hair with the help of finger tips. Leave it for one hour before washing your hair with a shampoo. Follow this home remedy in every two weeks without failure to see positive output.
- The juice of snake gourd can also be used for preventing dandruff problem. Take some fresh juice and massage your scalp with it for around ten minutes before washing your hair.
- Tea tree oil has antibiotic, antiseptic and antifungal properties that can greatly help in the treatment of dandruff. Before using this home remedy, make sure you are not allergic to it.
- Olive oil and almond oil are good for hair. You can mix both the oil together to solve the problem of dandruff. Massage your scalp with the mixture and leave it for five minutes. Later on rinse your hair properly with warm water and a mild shampoo.
- Aloe Vera has various hair benefits including its ability to control dandruff. Directly use Aloe Vera gel on your scalp and leave it for around fifteen minutes before washing your hair. The growth of dandruff will come down.
- Make a solution using eight tablespoon of pure organic peanut oil and the juice of half a lemon. Before washing your hair apply this solution and rub it into your scalp. Leave it on for ten minutes before shampooing your hair as usual.
Some more suggestions:
- Try to wear a hat while going out in extremely cold and windy days, and when you are going out in the sun for a longer period of time.
- Limit the use of hair coloring and hair styling products with alcohol which dries out hair.
- Massage your scalp with your finger tips in a circular motion to increase blood circulation to your scalp.
- Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of green vegetables, fresh fruits and salads. This will help in maintaining a healthy scalp.
- Good hygiene is must and so you need to keep your comb and brush clean.
- Brush your hair twice or thrice a day as it will help in removing the dead skin from your scalp.
- Do not scratch your scalp as it will only worsen the condition.
- Every time before washing your hair, massage your scalp gently with your fingers. Thus way the dry skins will come out and with washing it will get washed away.
- Do not use soaps, greasy ointments and creams on your hair as it can make the problem of dandruff severe.
Well, these simple and easy hair care home remedies for dandruff problem are worth trying. The best point here is that if you think a particular home remedy will not suit you, you can always try another one. Just follow these home remedies religiously and you will surely notice a difference in no time.
Families in USA buy more medicines per human than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing matter to prescription medication abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat health problems, but they can damage us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat failure to get or keep an erection. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very pop now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we must is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an hard-on and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile disfunction.