Do you want beautiful, long and flowing head-turning tresses? Well, you are not the only one as many females wish to have long beautiful and flowing hair. There are many who cut down the length of their hair as long hair needs a lot more care as compared to short or normal length hair.
Healthy and well cared long hair looks spectacular, no matter how you have styled your hair. But unhealthy long hair looks terrible no matter how you style it. It is not easy to maintain long hair as it needs special care to make them healthy and gorgeous.
Hair care routine for long hair is much more than washing and drying them. Proper care is must if you wish to keep healthy long hair. It is not that you need to devote 4 to 5 hours daily to take care of your long tresses. Just follow some healthy hair care routine and there is nothing more that you will need.
Below are some tips on managing long hair.
- Sound sleep of 5 to 6 hours daily is important for the overall health of your body as well as your hair. But never make the mistake of sleeping with your tied in a tight braid or ponytail. When you hair it tightly tied it causes stress that often leads to hair breakage. Also before going to bed, make it a habit to comb your hair and then tie it down loosely. Always use a quality band to tie your hair.
- Always use a wide toothed comb to detangle your hair. You can even use your fingers while your hair is slightly wet for detangling. Never use a brush on wet hair as it can cause your hair to break off. While combing and brushing, try to be as gentle as possible. Rough handling of hair is not good for hair growth.
- For brushing your hair, first divide your hair in different parts and focus on one part and then move to the other parts.
- Before washing your hair, try to comb your hair as it will help in decreasing the knots and tangles after your hair gets dry after washing.
- After washing your hair don’t dry your hair vigorously with a towel. Instead, try to pat dry your hair with a towel after squeezing the extra water from your hair. Also never wrap or twist your long hair in a towel as it can severely damage your hair.
- Before going to bed, make it a routine to brush your hair daily for 15 minutes. Brushing from the roots to the ends will help in spreading the hair oil across the length of your hair.
- Wash your hair several times a week. Always use a top quality shampoo that suits your hair type such as dry, normal, combination, or oily. Always use warm or cool water to rinse your long hair as hot water can make your hair frizzy and unmanageable.
- Whenever you shampoo your hair, don’t forget to apply conditioner after that. Always apply conditioner on the hair ends. Those have curly or thick long hair can even use a leave-in conditioner to keep their hair soft and manageable throughout the day.
- Quality brush and comb is a must. For hairbrush buy one with natural bristles and always use a wide toothed comb to detangle your long hair. First comb your hair when your hair is slightly wet after washing, and brush it when it is completely dry.
- Proper hygiene is must, and so the products you use on hair must be cleaned once in a while. For instance, wash and dry your brushes and combs once a week. Always remember that dirty brushes and combs will make your long hair dirty.
- Trim your hair once in every three months to remove slit ends. Long hair with split ends never looks good and it can also cause hair loss. No style can hide the ugly split ends.
- Avoid using blow dryer as much as possible and allow your hair to dry naturally. The hot air that comes from the dryer will make your long hair dry. In case there is some emergency and you need to use a blow dryer, keep the setting at the minimum temperature.
- Take time to choose the right hair accessories and hair styles. Remember everything is not good for long hair. Wrong accessories and styles can become the reason behind various problems such as dandruff, scalp infections, hair loss and so on.
- For sleeping use a satin or silk pillowcase as it will help your hair slide easily without getting tangled. Cotton pillowcase is a big no for those having long hair. Also you can wear a satin or silk scarf over your hair before going to sleep to prevent breakage.
- Protect long hair during extreme summer and winter days. When going out cover your hair to protect it from the sun rays, sweat, or other elements during the summer days and cold wind during the winter days. Protect your hair by wearing a cap from chlorine when you swim in a pool.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle as when you are healthy from inside your hair will also be healthy. Do not take excessive stress, avoid irregular sleeping pattern, do not smoke much, and do not avoid exercising and so on. Try to eat a well balanced diet, drink plenty of water, exercise regularly, and remain happy and so on. You can notice the impact of healthy lifestyle on your hair growth.
Follow the above mentioned tips to take care of your long hair and look beautiful every day!
Families in USA buy more medicines per person than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing question to prescription curing abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat heartiness problems, but they can harm us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat inability to get or keep an hard-on. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very popular now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we should is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an erection and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile disfunction.