If you suffer from oily hair, then it can be the reason behind your frustration as this type of hair is very difficult to style and keep styled. It needs extra care to keep oily hair looking clean, fresh, and neat all day long. Most often due to the extra oil on the scalp, your hair may look limp and greasy before the day is over.
Oily hair is caused due to the increase in the natural hair oil (sebum) on the scalp. Other factors that may cause oily hair are genetics, hormones, lack of proper hair care, and certain medicines and so on. The thickness of your hair is another reason behind oily hair. Thicker hair helps proper distribution of oil amongst each strand. On the other hand thin hair lacks proper and balanced distribution of oil.
With proper hair care tips, you can easily manage oily hair. When a good regimen for treating oily hair is followed, one can even have success in preventing it in the future.
Here are some useful suggestions for oily hair:
- To deal with oily hair it is important to follow the right hair washing routine. Depending upon the condition of your hair, you may need to wash your hair everyday or only wash it once or twice a week. For a week or two experiment and see how your oily hair behaves after washing to find the balance that works.
- For washing, use a shampoo that is meant for oily hair. Such kind of shampoo is gentle and will not strip the oil from your scalp in a harsh manner. There are plenty of shampoos made specifically for oily or greasy hair on the market that you can buy.
- After washing your oily hair with an appropriate shampoo, you need to apply a light-weight wash out conditioner to your hair ends only. Never apply the conditioner to your roots as it will worsen the condition of your hair. If you do not like to use a conditioner, then you must use a mild hairspray to detangle your hair.
- Once in a week you can also use detoxifying or clarifying shampoos. Such kind of shampoos are a great product if your hair is particularly oily or if your locks are greasy from hair product build up. Don’t use these products daily as they can easily over-dry your hair and scalp, setting off that cycle of oil production all over again.
- To cut back on excess oil, you can wash your hair with weak tea, lemon juice and water, a shot of alcohol diluted in two cups of water, or a quarter cup of vinegar in two cups of water. After applying any of these treatments, rinse your hair properly with lukewarm water.
- You can also use a dry shampoo to refresh your hair when needed. Whenever during the day your hair becomes oily brush some dry powder through your hair. This will help to absorb the oils first.
- As for hair styling products, try to use them very rarely to avoid overloading your strands, and avoid serums and glossing products.
- To ensure that you do not worsen the condition of your oily hair, avoid touching them with your hand frequently during the day and regularly wash your combs and hair brushes to keep them clean.
- Living a healthy lifestyle is always an extra way to keep your hair looking healthy. To prevent oily hair stick to a good diet and exercise plan and do not forget to drink enough water each day.
By using these hair care tips you should be able to avoid and prevent oily hair. If the condition of your oily hair is not improving then visit your hairstylist to find out the exact reason behind it and how to solve the problem.
Families in USA buy more medicines per person than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing problem to prescription treatment abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat health problems, but they can hurt us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat inability to get or keep an erection. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very pop now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we must is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an erection and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile dysfunction.