People often part their hair in different ways to look differently. You can part your hair in the middle or on the side. Also partings may be short, long, accurate or irregular. For most people hair parting may seem like a small insignificant thing, but they are not aware of the fact that it can actually have a huge influence on their overall look.
However, before choosing a parting style for your hair and sticking to it for years, you must be sure that it suits your facial shape as well as highlights your facial features in the best possible manner.
If you’re in doubt whether you are parting your hair in the correct way, then you must first consider your face shape. Some partings will flatter certain face shapes more than others.
Middle parting suits people you have a heart-shaped face, but only for those have long hair. Those who have heart-shaped face and short-hair, should opt for a slight side parting as the hair will cover some of their forehead and thin out their face.
Round Shaped Face
For those who have round-shaped face, should opt for a deep side part. This will help to showcase their strongest side and also balance their facial feature. Depending upon your taste, you can choose to part your hair in the right or the left side.
Square Shaped Face
A deep side part will suit those who have square shaped face. This type of hair parting will soften their forehead and jaw line and create the illusion of more balanced proportion of other facial features. The ideal place to start your deep part is directly above the arch in their eyebrows.
Oval Shaped Face
People with oval or long shaped faces can pull off any part, any side, any way, on any style. If you fall in this category then you can try all of them and find out which one suits you the best.
Along with the shape of your face, your hair style can also have a huge influence on the type of parting that works best for you. For example, middle partings look great paired with long hair styles and sleek bobs. Side partings look great for short and medium length hair styles. On the other hand, a deep side parting looks good paired with big curls or a classy up-do. If you have a little flat hair and you wish to add some volume to your hair, a zigzag parting is just what your hair needd.
Steps to part your hair perfectly
- First of all you need to shampoo and condition your hair.
- When your hair is slightly damp, comb it properly with a wide-tooth comb until there are no tangles.
- Now allow your hair to air dry completely.
- Again brush your hair to ensure there are no knots or tangles.
- Next with the help of a pin-tail comb draw your chosen parting.
- Hold the comb perpendicular to your scalp, and then using the pointed end draw a line through your hair.
- Now with the help of your fingers smooth out the hair.
- Use some bobby pins to hold the parting.
- Now apply some hair spray and then use your hands to smooth your hair into place.
- Repeat daily until your hair settles naturally into your chosen parting.
Keep the above points in mind to choose the right way to part your hair which goes well with your face shape and hair type. This will result in a considerable change in your facial appearance.