Hair issues, such as hair loss, thinning, excessive dryness, itchiness around the scalp, dandruff, and so can make any one frustrated. To get rid of these hair problems people prefer to use all sorts of home remedies. Like many other home remedies for hair growth, Aloe Vera is also quite popular. In fact, it has been popularly used by many cultures as one of the top home remedies for hair growth and other hair related issues.
What is Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is a short stemmed plant approximately 90 cm tall. Its leaves are thick and fleshy with grayish green in color. It produces a yellowish flower on a spike towards the top. It is mainly the gel of the leaves that is used for hair growth. The gel can be easily squeezed out by breaking off one of the tendrils and cracking it open.
Is Aloe Vera good for hair?
Just look around and you will be amazed to find different hair care products such as hair cream, shampoo, conditioner and so on with Aloe Vera as one of the main ingredients. This is mainly because Aloe Vera is good for hair. It contains more than 20 minerals and vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E that are essential for hair growth.
Now, let’s find out the hair benefits of Aloe Vera:
Sebum build up is a common reason behind slow hair growth. Sebum is a naturally produced oily substance secreted by the hair glands. Sebum helps in keeping the scalp well moisturized, but excess amount of sebum can hamper the rate of hair growth. When excess sebum accumulates on the scalp, it mixes with dirt and blocks the pore from where hair grows out. The antibacterial properties of Aloe Vera solve the problem of build-up of excess sebum on the scalp.
Promotes Hair Growth:
Aloe Vera activates new hair growth along with the growth of already existing hair follicles by increasing the blood circulation to the scalp. Aloe Vera contains a kind of enzyme that helps in new hair growth for some people. It also cleanses the scalp by balancing the pH level of the scalp. When the scalp is clean and blood circulation to the scalp is good, nothing can stop from proper and faster hair growth.
Solves Hair Loss:
For years, Aloe Vera has been used as a safe and natural treatment to prevent hair loss. Both men and women can use this natural product to solve hair loss or significant thinning. It also lessens the effects of Alopecia that causes hair loss and promotes the growth of new hair But Aloe Vera can be effective in the treatment of hair loss if used at the first sign of excessive hair loss.
Aloe Vera also acts as a great source of moisturizer for the scalp and hair follicles. It contains over 20 minerals and vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E. When your hair is getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals, you will enjoy better hair growth. The gel of Aloe Vera can be applied directly to the scalp, as it typically does not have any side effects.
Conditioner for hair:
Aloe Vera is also a great natural hair conditioner. The medicinal properties available in Aloe Vera conditions hair thoroughly. Regular use of Aloe Vera will help in restoring the sheen, luster, and shine of your hair. It also makes hair soft without any trace of dryness. The best thing about Aloe Vera is that it does not have greasy buildup that many hair care products often leave behind.
As Aloe Vera is a cooling agent, it great helps in preventing dryness that often causes dandruff. It also has anti-fungal properties which stops dandruff and prevents it from reoccurring. As Aloe Vera helps in keeping the natural oil of hair in balance there will never be the problem of hair dryness. Also Aloe Vera brings a refreshing and cooling sensation to the scalp.
Alopecia or male pattern baldness is a common hair problem faced by men. This is a kind of hair loss problem that occurs in a particular part of the head or full hair loss. This problem can be due to genetic reasons or lifestyle-related reasons. Although alopecia is common, it can be reduced and in some cases cured also with regular use of Aloe Vera. This is mainly because it rejuvenates the hair follicles and helps reduce hair fall.
Some popular Aloe Vera home remedies:
- To prepare an easy Aloe Vera leave on gel, mix one fourth cup of almond oil with half cup of aloe Vera gel. Apply the mixture on your scalp and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes. This home remedy will help in retaining the moisture level of your hair.
- You can directly squeeze the gel from Aloe Vera plant and apply it to the scalp. Massage your scalp and rinse off after 30 minutes. You can try this home remedy once in 15 days to promote hair growth and to keep your hair healthy.
- To make a shampoo with Aloe Vera at home, mix half cup Aloe Vera gel, half cup coconut milk and one fourth cup wheat germ oil together to form a liquid paste. Now use this liquid paste as a shampoo to wash your hair.
- Take the gel of Aloe Vera and mix it with honey. Now apply it to the scalp, leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. This home remedy will bring shine to your hair.
- Another simply home remedy is to cut Aloe Vera leaves in small pieces and leave them in water overnight. Use this water to wash your hair.
- Also you can make a hair mask with Aloe Vera. Take Aloe Vera gel and mix it with an egg and a glass of brandy and then apply it to your scalp. Leave it on your head for at least an hour and then wash it off.
- Another Aloe Vera hair mask can be made by mixing two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel with three quarters of a cup of mayonnaise and finely chopped tomato. Apply all over the head just before bed-time. Wrap it securely and wash your hair only in the morning.
Along with Aloe Vera home remedies you can also try hair care products containing Aloe Vera. There are gels, shampoos, conditioners, hair care to name a few. These natural Aloe Vera hair care products are an ideal alternative to commercial hair products which have harsh chemicals in them.
There is no doubt that Aloe Vera is a great natural product for your hair. Using Aloe Vera for various hair related problems is safe, natural, and affordable. But you must remember that there are a variety of different causes for hair loss, such as scalp infections, reactions to medications, illness, vitamin or mineral deficiencies and other medical reasons. So, you must consult a doctor to discover the actual cause behind your hair loss problem. This will determine if Aloe Vera can effectively treat your hair problem.
To conclude, it is time to say goodbye to expensive and often ineffective hair care products. Try Aloe Vera home remedies home remedies for healthy hair for restoring health and beauty to hair. Give Aloe Vera a try and feel the difference in your hair quality and texture.