Rosemary oil has been very popular hair oil amongst people who care about their hair a lot. As, rosemary oil is one of the few hair oils that can stimulate hair growth it is widely used in hair care products such as shampoo, conditioners, serum and so on. Apart from stimulating hair growth, it also prevents baldness, stops hair from graying, reduces dandruff, nourishes the scalp and controls hair loss.
What is rosemary oil?
Rosemary oil is extracted from the popular culinary herb, rosemary which is also known as Rosmarinus Officinalis. It is extracted from the leaves and flowers of rosemary by a special steaming process. This culinary herb is very popular in the Mediterranean region as a culinary herb. The oil is light green in color with a minty aroma which is very soothing in nature.
Rosemary oil has a long list of hair benefits, such as:
Stimulates hair growth:
This oil stimulates cell division and improves blood circulation to the scalp, which in turn, encourages hair follicles to produce new hair growth. Basically rosemary oil activates the hormones in the body which controls the resting phase of hair growth cycle. It is also very helpful in the treatment of excessive hair fall. This is why when you use this oil on regular basis; you can soon notice the difference in your hair growth.
The antibacterial property of this oil helps to gently cleanse the scalp and hair follicles. It keeps the scalp free from sebum that blocks the hair follicles and thus hampers the regular hair growth process. It also helps the scalp to stay away from impurities and dirt that generally accumulates on the scalp. Healthy and clean scalp will allow speedy hair growth.
The fortifying and strengthening properties of rosemary oil helps in making your hair shiny and smooth. Dry and brittle hair needs extra care and nourishment which can be easily provided by regular scalp massage with rosemary oil. So, when you use using rosemary oil on a regular basis it will make your hair soft and manageable.
Prevents premature graying:
Many of us get panic when the first gray hair on the head gets noticed. But rosemary oil can prevent premature graying of hair within a few months. Rosemary oil has hair darkening properties and even though the process to change the color of your hair will take time it is worth trying this oil. It is always a safe and natural option as compared to hair dyes where chemicals are used. So those who wish to darken their hair naturally must give rosemary oil a try.
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of rosemary oil help in treating scalp problems such as dandruff, itching and so on. A hot oil treatment twice or thrice a week will help in controlling dandruff and dry and itchy scalp. Due to its light texture, it does not black the hair follicles which can cause itching and various scalp infections.
Best ways to use rosemary oil:
- You can apply this essential hair oil directly on the scalp and leave it for a few minutes. Later on you can wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- You can even mix some of the rosemary oil with your shampoo and hair conditioner. Then you can use these products to wash or condition your hair.
- To get rid of scalp problems, you can mix rosemary oil with teat tree oil to massage your scalp. You can even add lemon or sage essential oil with rosemary oil.
- Take some rosemary oil and rub it on your wet hair after shampooing. This way you will find it easy to comb your hair as it works as a leave-in conditioner.
- You can also apply rosemary oil on your hair overnight. Warm the oil and massage it with the help of your fingertips into your scalp deeply from roots to ends. Later on comb your hair well to ensure oil is spread properly from the roots to the ends. Cover your hair with a shower cap and next morning shampoo your hair as usual.
To conclude, looking at the manifold hair benefits of rosemary hair, it is time to use this hair oil in your hair care routine. Just use it once and you can see the difference in your hair texture and hair growth.