Black hair is very different as compared to all other hair types. By nature, black hair is more brittle, coarser, dryer and curlier. People having black hair often suffer from breakage and hair loss which does not allow their hair to grow very long. Black hair mostly belongs to people from the African American community.
Due to the delicate nature of black hair, it needs special care. If proper care is not taken, black hair will not grow properly and there will be hair loss and other problems too.
Here are some useful tips:
- A healthier lifestyle always means healthier hair. Eat a healthy diet, sleep properly, take ample rest, drink plenty of water, exercise regularly and follow a proper hair care routine. Once you start following a healthy lifestyle, you can soon notice the positive differences in your hair quality.
- By nature black hair is extreme dryness and to reduce the dryness you need to massage your scalp almost daily for 10 to 15 minutes. Massaging will stimulate oil production.
- Daily shampooing is not at all recommended for people having black hair. Too much shampoo will strip away the natural oil present in the scalp and hair strands. Shampooing your hair in every ten to 15 days is a good option.
- For washing always use a gentle or mild shampoo with a low PH level. Shampoos with harsh chemicals can strip the hair of its natural moisture and weaken the hair leading to hair breakage.
- Go for protein treatments as protein is important for hair growth. The protein in hair keeps hair strong and helps to prevent breakage. One popular home remedy for protein treatment is to add a raw egg to your favorite conditioner and apply to wet hair after shampooing. Cover your hair for 30 to 60 minutes and then wash your hair.
- Regular moisture treatment is also must for people having black hair. It will solve the problem of dryness to some extent and make the hair soft. One effective moisture treatment is virgin coconut oil that you can apply on wet hair. Cover your hair for around half an hour and later on wash it with your regular shampoo. For moisture treatment you can use other hair oil too such as Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Emu Oil and Jojoba Oil.
- Before going to bed, always tie down your hair. You can even wrap up your hair using a scarf. It will help in reducing tangles. This way you do not have to struggle much to brush your hair in the morning. Also avoid excessive pulling and tugging of hair while brushing or combing it.
- Especially for black hair, it is important to daily moisture the hair to keep them soft and supple. It will help in restoring some of the natural moisture of the hair. Without proper moisture, black hair tends to become brittle, dry and damaged.
- Stop using excessive heat tools on your hair as it will make your hair drier and will eventually affect the hair growth rate. Use of heat tools should be limited as much as possible.
- Hair vitamins can be used to make black hair grow faster. However vitamins cannot repair any kind of hair damage. Vitamins can only help in keeping your hair from breaking.
- Whenever there is too much perspiration or sweating on the scalp, it is recommended that you rinse your hair with water. Always use warm water as hot water can make the scalp drier. Good hygiene is must.
- Avoid using a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner on black hair as such products are not suitable for such hair type. Always use a separate shampoo and conditioner that are meant for dry hair.
- Immediately after shampooing your black hair apply some hair oil on your scalp. Use the oil to massage the scalp and make sure the spread properly till the ends of your hair.
- Even though you are not applying shampoo daily, it is essential to use a conditioner when you shower. It will help in maintaining the moisturize level of your hair and it will also make your hair shiny. A well conditioned hair is also easy to detangle.
- Never go out in the sun without using a leave in conditioner. Leave in conditioner will hydrate and protect your hair. A leave in conditioner is one of the most important products for those having black hair.
- Avoid rubbing your hair with a towel to dry it. Use a towel only to blot out the excess water from your hair. Unnecessary and rough handling of hair can lead to more hair breakage.
- For combing black hair, always use a wide toothed comb. Comb your hair when it is slightly moist so that the comb can easily get through your hair. Avoid combing when your hair is very wet as due to the fragile nature of wet hair it can lead to unnecessary hair breakage.
- Before brushing try to comb your hair to remove the tangles. For brushing always use a soft boar hairbrush as it will help in distributing the oil at the root of your hair and scalp to the rest of your hair. For better result, slightly dampen the brush before using it to brush your hair.
With the above mentioned tips, you can solve some of the hair problems such as breakage, dryness, and slow growth that are often noticed in people having black hair.
Families in USA buy more medicines per human than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing question to prescription medication abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat soundness problems, but they can detriment us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat failure to get or keep an erection. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very popular now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we should is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an erection and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile dysfunction.