It is a known fact that healthy and well balanced diet is important for hair growth. Diet also plays a key role in preventing hair loss. Also foods can help in making your hair healthy and shiny. But healthy diet does not mean that all healthy food can be good for your hair. There are some foods that are more beneficial for your hair and there are some which are not that effective.
This is why it becomes important to know which foods are good for your hair. Hair needs a lot of nutrients to grow in a healthy manner. So, your diet should be rich in protein, vitamins, silica, iron, magnesium, calcium and also essential fatty acids. Lack of these nutrients in your diet can cause hair loss. With the first sign of hair loss we start looking for expensive hair treatment options. But before doing that you need to check your diet. Are you eating healthy food? Are you skipping meal? Is your body getting all the important nutrients? If the answer to these questions is “NO” then you need to plan your diet.
Plan your diet properly with the help of your dietician or some health expert. Well, you can also make a diet plan on your own. Now the question arises as ‘which food to include and which one to avoid?’ To help you out here is a list of five food habits that can put a full stop to your hair loss problem.
- Start your morning with a glass of water with flaxseed. After dinner take a glass of drinking water and soak a teaspoon of flaxseed in it. You can use either brown or golden flaxseed. In the morning in an empty stomach you must drink this water. Water will keep your body hydrated and the flaxseed will provide your body Omega 3 essential fatty acid which is important for hair growth.
- Next item that you must include in your diet is Indian gooseberry also known as amla. Eat one of this edible fruit daily. You can eat it just like that or in a cooked form. Indian gooseberry works like a hair tonic that promotes hair growth and improves hair pigmentation. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties along with exfoliating and anti- bacterial properties that can help maintain healthy hair growth.
- Your diet for healthy hair is incomplete without nuts such as walnuts, almonds and cashew nuts. Including nuts in your diet will offer you body with hair boosting nutrients such as zinc, magnesium, selenium, Omega 3 fatty acids, and other such minerals. Regular intake of these nuts will help in lot in preventing hair loss. The best time to eat nuts is in the morning, as during this time of the day hair follicles need necessary nutrients the most. The best way to get benefitted from nuts is to soak five to six of your favorite nuts in water at night. In the morning eat the nuts with their skin and you can even drink the water also.
- Next in your healthy food list should include silica enriched foods. Silica helps vitamins and minerals from food to get absorbed by the body properly. Water is the main source to get adequate intake of silica in the body. Some of the other silica based foods are bean sprouts, cucumbers, bell peppers, potatoes, strawberries, barley, wheat, oats, rice, and asparagus. Silica prevents baldness and stimulates hair growth. For better result eat foods that are whole and unprocessed as when cooked the silica content in a food can get reduced.
- Hair is made of protein and when there is protein deficiency in the body it will lead to hair loss and other hair problems. This is why you need to eat food containing vitamin B12. Eggs, fish, lean cuts of beef, lamb and chicken are excellent sources of B12 that also boost hair growth. For those who are vegetarian can include cottage cheese, milk and pulses in their diet. You can even take vitamin B12 supplements to avoid B12 deficiency in your body after consulting your doctor.
Well, these are just few food habits that you must follow. This does not mean that you must avoid other types of food. But in no way you can enjoy better hair growth by eating a healthy diet only. Hair loss can happen due to plenty of other reasons too. Other reasons for hair loss are genetic factors, leading a stressful life, prolonged illnesses, improper blood circulation, unhealthy scalp, medicinal impacts, hereditary, use of wrong hair care products, excessive use of hair styling problems, and so on. So, first find out the reason behind your hair loss and then look for a solution.
However, eating healthy food will benefit you in many ways. It will help in hair growth and will also keep your body healthy and fit. So eat healthy and get ready to flaunt your healthy hair.
Families in USA buy more medicines per man than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing problem to prescription medication abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat health problems, but they can harm us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat disability to get or keep an erection. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very popular now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we should is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an erection and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile dysfunction.