Hair breakage and hair fall are two different things. Hair fall happens when a hair strand has reached the end of hair growth cycle. When hair falls out naturally it opens up the path from a new hair growth from the root by starting the hair growth cycle again. On the other hand, hair breakage is not natural and it clearly indicates towards damaged and weak hair. The main characteristics of hair breakage are broken hair with blunt ends.
The main reasons behind hair breakage are weakened and damaged hair that can be due to various reasons such as direct sun rays on hair, too much use of hair dryer, use of chemicals, frequent combing, brushing the hair with heavy strokes, hair perming and handling of hair in a rough way. In case you are suffering from hair breakage, then you need to take steps tp manage or treat this condition.
Here are some simple tips to manage hair breakage.
- Wash your hair only 2-3 times a week: Do not wash your hair every daily as it make your hair dry, rough and brittle. Also over washing can make your scalp oily in nature. So, avoid washing your hair daily. Instead you need to wash your hair only 2-3 times in a week.
- Use sulfate-free shampoos: Sulfates are often used in detergent powder as it helps to form a lot of foam when you wash your body or hair. But, sulfates are extremely drying in nature and so sulfate based shampoos can take away the moisture from your hair cuticle. This drying of the hair shaft makes the hair more prone to breakage. So look for shampoos that are sulfate-free.
- Always use a conditioner: Conditioner is vital to keeping the hair ends smooth and soft. It maintains moisture and strength and adds life to your hair. Whenever you shampoo your hair, always remember to apply conditioner to the ends to get gorgeous strong hair. Do not apply conditioner on your scalp as it can make your scalp oily.
- Avoid blow dryers: Irrespective of how much busy you are, you must try to air-dry your hair. While blow drying your hair is much easier and faster, air-drying is healthier for your hair. The dry heat generated from blow dryers take away the moisture from your hair. Due to this, the hair becomes more sensitive and brittle, causing excessive hair fall as well as breakage.
- Do not use heating hair appliances: Along with blow dryer, you must also not use curling irons, flat irons, crimpers, straightener and other heating hair appliances. The heat that these appliances generate cause severe damage to your hair over time. So, try to not use them if you can, but if you can’t avoid them, use a heat protecting spray or serum before it to moderate the side effects.
- Don’t perm your hair: Perming is a chemical process that creates curls. Unfortunately, this chemical process breaks the protein bonds in the hair, making it damaged and more prone to breakage. So, avoid perms and keep your hair protected from such damaging treatments.
- Regular trimming: Trimming your hair at regular intervals is highly important to prevent hair breakage. If you do not trim, there is a high chance of split ends that can make your hair even more sensitive. Trim your hair regularly in every three to six months to keep those split ends away. Regular hair trimming is one of the secrets behind healthy hair.
- Do not comb your wet hair: Combing your hair when wet is one of the few things that you need to avoid at any cost. When your hair is wet, they are at a very vulnerable stage and more prone to breakage. So, avoid combing your hair when wet to prevent your hair from falling.
- Say no to hair color: Most of the hair colors have peroxide or ammonia in them which help to change the pH of the hair. These ingredients break open the proteins within the hair shaft which can be very damaging to your hair. Also most frequent use of hair color makes the hair more brittle, resulting in hair fall. So, avoid hair color having these harsh chemicals and look for natural alternatives like henna.
- Hair oil massage: Hot oil massage twice or thrice a week help a lot to enjoy proper hair growth and reduce the amount of hair fall as well as hair breakage. You can use coconut oil or olive to massage your hair. Gently warm the oil and then massage it into your scalp and apply it to your hair. Use your finger tips to massage the scalp as it will help to improve the blood circulation.
By following these simple and easy to incorporate tips and suggestions you can easily manage the problem of hair breakage and enjoy thicker and beautiful hair.
Families in USA buy more medicines per person than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing matter to prescription curing abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat heartiness problems, but they can injury us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat inability to get or keep an hard-on. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very pop now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we have to is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an erection and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile disfunction.