Dry hair is a common hair problem faced by both men and women. As this type of hair looks brittle, coarse, dull and lifeless, it becomes really tough for people having dry hair to take care of it. The main reason behind dry hair is lack of moisture and oil. Without moisture, hair will automatically lack in shine and beauty. It is true that taking care of dry hair is difficult, but with little changes here and there in your hair care routine can solve the problem to a great extent.
What causes dry hair?
Dryness in hair is mainly caused due to the lack of moisture and humectants. The natural oil called sebum is secreted by the sebaceous glands that help in keeping the hair healthy and shiny. When the production sebum is below normal, hair will become dry and frizzy along with split ends. Once the secretion of sebum gets backs to normal, there will be no problem of dry hair. At the same time special care should be taken to keep your hair well moisturized. Normally, for healthy hair, the moisture level should be about 10% to 11.5%.
Apart from this, there can be others causes also for dry hair. Some of the causes include unhealthy diet plan, excessive shampooing, not using a conditioner after applying shampoo on hair, regular use of blow dryers, use of chemical hair dyes, lack of oil massage, lack of hot oil treatment, direct exposure of hair to the sun or wind for a longer period of time, and regular swimming in chlorine water.
It is the wish of every woman to have healthy and shiny hair. But in case your hair feels rough, brittle and break down easily, it means your hair is too dry. Well, there is nothing to worry much as dry and damaged hair can be easily turned into healthy and shiny. Dry hair can be taken care of by following a proper hair care routine meant for dry hair.
Here are some simple tips to repair dry, damaged hair:
- For those having dry hair, daily shampooing is not at all recommended. Try to shampoo as less as possible. Regular washing of hair will wash away the natural oil from your scalp leading to less moisture on your hair.
- It is better to wash your hair with mild shampoo in between seven to ten days. For dry hair, baby shampoo is a good option. Avoid silicone and alcohol based shampoos as can cause more dryness.
- Even though shampooing your dry hair on regular basis is not allowed, yet you can always rinse your hair in every two to three days time. For rinsing use cold or lukewarm water but never do it with hot water.
- Always use a moisturizing conditioner designed for dry hair after washing your hair. When using a conditioner your focus must be on the hair ends and not the scalp as this part is usually oily due to the natural oil secreted by the sebaceous glands.
- Allow your washed hair to dry naturally. Limit the use of blow dryer as it can make the hair drier. If required to use, set the blow dryer temperature at the minimum and keep it at least six inches away from your hair when using it.
- Dry hair causes split ends. In order to get rid of split ends, the best solution is to trim your hair at regular intervals. This will not allow split ends to spread through your hair shaft.
- While styling your hair, if it looks too dry, you can use one or two drops of Olive oil to make it look better. But don’t use it in excess amount.
- Consume lots and lots of water and take healthy, balanced diet for healthy and shiny hair. The more water consumed by you will help in retaining the moisture level of your otherwise dry hair.
- Hair color is strictly not for those having dry hair. So, you must avoid dying your hair as hair colors will cause more dryness. Also at the same time reduce the use of products such as hairspray, mousse, hair gels, and chemical styling creams as well.
- Be sure to cover your hair properly before going out in the sun as direct exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun will have damaging effects on your hair. You can use a hat, cap or bandana to cover your hair.
- Just like summer, you need to careful during the winter months. Don’t expose your hair during windy and cold weather. It can dry out your hair even more. Wear a hat during the winter can protect it from the cold.
- You need to be extra careful with your dry hair when it is wet. Do not try to brush or comb your hair at this time as wet hair breaks easily.
- Always use a wide toothed comb to detangle your dry hair when it is wet. The wide teeth comb will prevent your dry hair from being pulled too hard.
- To brush your hair, always use a hairbrush having soft bristles. Also daily brush your hair for around 10 to 15 minutes. It will help in distributing the natural oil from your scalp throughout the hair follicles leading to silky and shiny hair.
- To repair your dry and brittle hair, coconut oil is a good option for leave-in conditioner. After washing your hair, take some coconut oil on your palm and spread it nicely on the hair ends and do not rinse out. Safflower oil can also be used for extra moisture.
- Take out time for weekly and monthly deep-conditioning treatments. Massage your dry hair with warm olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, shea butter oil or any other hair oil. After massaging with your favorite oil wrap your hair with a hot towel for 20 to 30 minutes. Later on wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Avoid rough handling of your dry hair. Do not scrub your hair roughly while washing it or using a towel to dry it. Allow your hair to dry naturally, and comb or brush your hair only when required.
To conclude, with the above mentioned smart hair care strategies and proper hair care routine, you can easily manage your dry hair and make it look softer and silkier like never before. So, are you ready for beautiful hair?
Families in USA buy more medicines per person than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing problem to prescription treatment abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat heartiness problems, but they can detriment us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat disability to get or keep an hard-on. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very popular now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we must is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an erection and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile dysfunction.