Frizzy hair looks dull and is just unmanageable in humid weather. Frizzy hair tends to curl and break easily and is a nightmare for those having naturally wavy or curly hair. At times even straight hair can also be frizzy. Frizzy hair is very difficult to maintain and you need time and dedication to keep it under control. With slight changes in your care regimen and by using the right products, your frizzy hair will become manageable.
But before you start looking for tips for frizzy hair you need to find the reason behind your frizzy hair. There can be many causes such as extreme humidity, regular use of blow dryer, use of hair care products having chemicals in it, swimming in chlorine water, not using the right products according to hair type, and so on. However the main issue behind frizzy hair is lack of moisture. The cuticle layers on a frizzy hair needs moisture to make it smooth. No matter what is the reason behind your frizzy hair, you can always control it.
Some easy to follow tips to fix your frizzy hair:
It is a known fact that you need to shampoo your hair to keep it clean. But when it comes to frizzy hair avoid shampooing your hair daily as it will encourage the frizz. It is a good idea to shampoo your hair once a week and in between washes if your hair becomes oily, you can always use a dry shampoo. Also you can just wash your hair with cold water followed by a conditioner. When you buy a shampoo, look for one having moisturizing ingredients designed for frizzy hair. This is important as frizzy hair is dry by nature and hence needs a shampoo that can moisturize the hair shafts.
A good conditioner is a must for those having frizzy hair. It is better to use a reparative conditioner or some protein based conditioner for frizzy hair. Also at least once in a week after washing your hair with a shampoo, you need to deep condition your hair where you need to keep the conditioner on your hair for ten to fifteen minutes before you finally rinse your hair. For better result after applying conditioner on your hair, wrap your hair up in a warm towel. This will allow the conditioner to penetrate deep into the hair shaft which will not allow the moisture to sink in the hair easily. Also for the final rinse always use cold water to allow your hair to have some extra shine.
Serum can easily tame frizzy hair as it can make the cuticles to remain smooth. After applying serum on your damp hair, distribute it thoroughly with a wide-tooth comb, and then allow hair to dry naturally. You can use a silk or gloss serum several times a day to control frizz. But it is important to bear in mind overuse is not good, so use serum only when necessary.
Avoid humid atmosphere:
Moisture can make your hair frizzier. So, it becomes important to avoid humid weather. During such weather, you need to offer extra protection to your hair. Always cover your hair with a hair, cap or a bandana to avoid direct exposure of hair to the sun and its ultraviolet rays. On rainy days, never make the mistake of leaving your hair loose.
Hot Oil Treatment:
Apply oil in your hair twice a week is a must for those who wish to control their frizzy hair. Hot oil treatment will strengthen the cuticle and prevent frizz. You can use olive oil, castor oil or coconut oil. First you need to warm your hair oil and then apply it on your hair. When applying oil, your focus should be at the hair ends rather than the scalp. After oiling, cover your hair with a warm towel or a shower cap for at least half an hour to allow your hair to get all the nourishments. This will also allow the oil to penetrate deep into the scalp and hair shafts. Later on rinse your hair properly to remove the traces of oil from your hair.
Some more points:
- Those having frizzy hair must go for a hair style that is easy to maintain.
- Those having frizzy hair must not leave their hair untied. Also they must avoid tying their hair too tightly. Hairstyles play an important role in keeping your frizzy hair under control.
- Also those having frizzy hair must not shampoo their hair daily as it will make hair drier which will encourage the frizz. Instead of shampooing your hair, you can always wash your hair with water followed by a conditioner.
- Also do not go for chemical treatments like coloring, straightening, perming and so on. Chemical treatments can damage your hair texture beyond repair.
- Never make the mistake of drying your hair roughly with a towel or with a blower dryer set at a maximum temperature. It is always better to use a superabsorbent microfiber towel to squeeze out the extra water and then allow your hair to dry naturally.
- Don’t eat junk food or drink alcohol or smoke as it will not allow your hair to get the essential nutrients required for proper hair growth.
- Try to drink plenty of water daily to keep your body and hair hydrated for retaining its moisture.
- Always use a heat-protecting spray before blow drying hair or using a hot styling tool like flat iron or curling iron.
- For hair styling, never go for thermal styling tools made with metal heating plates. Such tools will dry out your hair and cause damage.
- Hair styling tools made with ceramic and tourmaline will maintain the moisture level of your hair, resulting in fewer frizzes.
- Get your split ends trimmed in every three to four months interval.
- Do not brush your hair until and unless your hair needs it.
- When using a blow dryer, keep the nozzle of the dryer in a downward motion towards your hair ends.
- Use a boar-bristle brush as it will help in distributing the natural oil on your scalp throughout the hair strands.
To conclude, follow the above mentioned tips to control your frizzy hair. Always bear in mind that your frizzy hair needs moisture and proper nourishment. Once your hair is well moisturized nothing can stop you from enjoying beautiful and healthy curly hair.
Families in USA buy more medicines per man than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing matter to prescription treatment abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat soundness problems, but they can damage us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat failure to get or keep an erection. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very popular now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we should is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an hard-on and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile dysfunction.