Any healthy hair care regime includes regular combing and most of us are familiar with it. Combing your hair is not as simple as it sounds. There are certain rules and regulations and if you do not follow them you can cause damage to your hair beyond repair.
First of all you need to know the difference between a comb and a brush. A comb has only one row of teeth that helps to detangle knots and tangles in a controlled manner. On the other hand a brush having multiple bristles is a better option to style your hair.
The very first prerequisite of combing is a good quality comb. Depending upon the nature of your hair and its density, you can choose a styling comb, tail comb, the pick comb or a wide tooth comb. All these combs are available in different sizes. Always buy combs made from smooth, hard plastic. But there should be no sharp edges. It is important to have the right tools for your hair and a comb is not an exception in this regard.
To help you with combing your hair in the right manner, here are certain suggestions and valuable tips:
- To stimulate hair growth, you need to comb your hair daily. However, if you are combing your hair in the wrong manner, it will hugely damage your hair and lead to excessive hair breakage.
- Before you start combing, divide your hair into sections and then focus on combing one section of hair and then move towards the next. This way you will find it easy to comb your hair. Also it will not put pressure on your scalp that lead to hair fall.
- Always comb your hair with light strokes starting from the hair ends and then gradually moving towards the roots. Finally, comb all your hair without applying much force and style them according to your desire. This will ensure minimal hair breakage.
- When combing your hair, do not ignore the scalp part. When you comb the scalp it improves the blood circulation to the scalp and thus stimulates the hair follicles to grow.
- It is recommended to change the direction of combing in every 10 to 15 days. When you comb your hair in a particular direction, it can cause the hairline of that area to decline at a slow speed.
- The best time to comb your hair is when it is around 80% dry means little damp after washing your hair. This time your hair is strong enough to face the force applied during combing. Comb your hair to remove the knots and tangles and when it is completely dry then only brush your hair.
- After washing your hair, dry it with the help of towel and then put some oil or leave in conditioner. Now you can comb your hair very easily and you do not have to struggle much.
- Before you start combing, use your fingers to detangle your hair. When the hair strands are separated it becomes easy for you to comb your hair.
- While combing your hair you should be extra careful and you should be gentle. If you comb without any care or do it in a vigorous manner, you can cause damage to your hair.
- Proper hygiene is must. So always keep your comb clean and free of dirt. Clean the comb with some warm water and soap once or twice a week to keep it clean.
- Also, avoid using other people’s comb to keep away from fungal and bacterial infections.
Some more points that you need to keep in mind:
- Never try to comb your hair when it is tied as it can cause hair to pull out from the root. This can even cause some kind of scalp infection.
- Never comb your hair when it is wet as breakage is likely to happen at this point. Wet hair is very vulnerable in nature and thus even though slight force is applied it can break.
- Never make the mistake of combing hair in the opposite direction or backward direction of hair as it will cause unnecessary hair fall.
- There is no need to comb your hair several times a day. Too much combing can damage the hair follicles and the scalp.
- Experts recommend smoothing your hair first using a comb and then only proceed to brush your hair.
- Before combing your hair, you can use a serum or leave-in conditioner to allow the comb glide through the hair easily.
- In case your hair is tangled and your hair is not passing through your hair easily, first re-condition your hair and then start combing.
- Always use a wide toothed comb. Also make sure that it has got no rough edges as it can cause damage to the scalp. Wide-toothed comb also help in spreading conditioner into the hair.
To conclude, combing your hair in the right way is important if you wish to enjoy the benefits of combing. With the above mentioned techniques to comb your hair you can enjoy proper hair growth. Just keep these points in mind when combing your hair and you can notice the difference in your hair quality within a few days.
Families in USA buy more medicines per person than any other area. The availability of remedies provided by companies is certainly a contributing problem to prescription medication abuse epidemic. Many patients already know that medications are made to treat health problems, but they can hurt us if taken incorrectly. Cialis is a well-known generic used to treat inability to get or keep an erection. Topics such as “viagra alternative” or “otc viagra” are very popular now. Perhaps you already heard about it. What scientists talk about “viagra alternatives“? Other question we should is “over the counter viagra alternative“. Sometimes men who take street drugs like marijuana find it awkward to get an erection and turn to prescription drugs for a temporary solution. Additionally there are various unproven herbal medicines for erectile dysfunction.