It is a known fact that massaging your scalp with oil is good for hair. Oiling your hair regularly keeps it healthy and shiny, and makes it stronger and lustrous. Well, one such oil that you can use is grape seed oil. In fact, our grandmas used to recommend grapeseed oil and even today it is used by many to promote healthy hair.
What is Grapeseed Oil?
Grapeseed oil is made from grape seeds after they have been used to make wine. Here a cold-pressing technique is used to extract the oil. It is light green in color and is almost odorless and has a light non greasy texture.
The antioxidants in the oil are called procyanidolic oligomers (PCO’s), which have more health and hair benefits as compared to vitamin C and vitamin E. It also has moisturizing and regenerative properties. Also as this oil is very rich in vitamins, minerals and protein, its usage can be found in many cosmetic products such as; soaps, hair care, cosmetics, facial creams, body creams, bath oils, lip balms and anything else you can think of.
Some of the major benefits of grapeseed oil for hair are:
- One of the top benefits of grapeseed oil is that it gives your hair a great sheen. It also helps in reducing brittleness in hair. But for this you need to regularly massage your scalp with grapeseed oil.
- When grapeseed oil is used regularly on hair, it also solves the problem of dandruff. Also the problem of seborrheic dermatitis can be reduced by regular application of grapeseed oil on the scalp.
- No matter what type of hair you have – normal, dry or oily, you can use grapeseed oil without any problem due to its light and non greasy nature.
- As grapeseed oil contains vitamin E and linoleic acid it makes the hair follicles stronger and healthy. This is why applying grapeseed oil to hair is one of the best home remedies for hair growth.
- Dry, rough and frizzy hair can also be benefitted from the use of grapeseed oil. The hair cuticles gets smooth with this oil as it seals in the moisture on hair strands.
- Grapeseed oil is also used as a heat protector making it perfect to use on damaged hair caused by excessive heat treatments.
- As this hair oil is odorless and non greasy in texture, it can be applied by people who do not like the feel of heavy hair. This oil gets easily absorbed by the scalp and hair.
- Often grapeseed oil is used as carrier oil. You can dilute grapeseed oil with other essential oils like lavender oil to apply it on your hair.
How to Use Grape Seed Oil for Hair
In case you want to use grapeseed oil and want good results, you should know how to apply it correctly.
For hot oil treatment, take 4 to 6 tablespoons of organic grape seed oil and mix it with 2 teaspoon of lavender or rosemary essential oil. Now warm the mixture and apply in onto your scalp.
To massage with grapeseed oil use your finger tips to gently massage your scalp thoroughly. Make sure that each strand of hair is covered properly with grapeseed oil. Take a warm towel and wrap it over your head. Leave the oil on your hair for about 25 to 30 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Grapeseed oil can be used in natural homemade deep conditioning treatments. For this take 4 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and mix it with 5 drops of cypress essential oil, juice of half a lime and 2 egg yolks. Apply this mixture on your hair and keep it for 15 minutes before washing your hair with warm water. Regular deep conditioning treatment with grapeseed oil will make your hair strong and lustrous.
To conclude, with regular use of grapeseed oil you can definitely make your hair long, strong, healthy and super shiny. So start using pure grapeseed oil to get beautiful hair in just a few days time.